Do we have a common image
of a desired future?
Does education prepare us to the world we are facing?
What unites education and ecology? They both look into the future.
The future is the world to be created by those who learn today. What will be required from humans living in that world?
Technologies develop rapidly along the way changing all spheres of our life. However the technological progress is not a panacea and does not lead to an absolute happiness. We are hitting the planetary boundaries; climate change is going to play larger and larger role globally, while the access to natural resources and their quality becomes an inevitable problem. Our world gets more complex with rising uncertainty and instability. Searching for solutions we, as humanity, are entering the era of paradigm shift.
While the world and society changes rapidly, the contemporary educational model is oriented towards the past, supporting the outdating paradigm. It is time to ask which qualities should be nourished by the education oriented towards the future. Would creativity, adaptivity, system thinking, well-developed intuition and ability to control our attention be the qualities useful for a future human? How could these qualities be learned?
We invite you to take a part in 5-days Immersion in "Education for a Resilient Future". The Immersion format means that besides conventional presentations and workshops we are going to dive in and to work from within the main theme, using place-based education, submerging into the group and our own nature. We aim to create the common space, model the future and return to here and now, projecting our learnings to our actions.
Two main objectives of the Immersion are
– creating a common intellectual space enriching our images of possible and desired future, understanding connections between these images and our educational and ecological work;
– exchange of experience, common design and development of initiatives in between education and ecology, exploring synchronicities for future collaboration and co-progress.
Who is invited to the Immersion:
· Teachers and educators from innovative and alternative educational projects and schools
· Representatives from academia and formal educational institutions
· Delegates from ecological projects and organisations, eco-educators
· Representatives from intentional communities
· · · · Welcome to Immersion · · · ·